Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill. It is simple, outstanding, and a real pleaser. I make this for people when they visit my home for the first time and it is often requested each time they return. I usually have variation suggestions for the recipes I post but this one I like just the way it is.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 8 brie cubes, 1/2 inch cubes
- olive oil, for brushing the turkey burgers
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 granny smith apples, large, cored, and slcied 1/2 inch crosswise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 loaves French bread, cut crosswise into quarters
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high.
- Shape the ground turkey into 8 round patties about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Make a small indentation in the center of each patty.
- place 1 cube of cheese in it and press the turkey up and around to cover it.
- Brush both sides of the bruger lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- While the burgers are cooking, brush the apples on both sides with vegetable oil and grill until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Split the bread and toast on the frill, cut side down, until golden.
- Place a burger on the bottom of each quarter.
- Top with 1 or 2 apple slices, several sprigs of arugula, and the remaining bread.