Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are prepared with reduced-fat sour cream & mango chutney also some other goodies, like Dijon mustard which will give them additional moisture and flavor. They are truly delicious! Serve in some Romaine lettuce instead of bread - a little messy but . . . .good! ;) Martha Stewart web site, first published in 2006.
- 6 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread (or 2 only for the burger)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (7 percent fat)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons prepared mango chutney, preferably Major Grey's, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- coarse salt
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup mesclun mixed salad green
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a medium bowl, tear 2 slices bread into small pieces; add turkey, sour cream, 3 tablespoons chutney, 1 tablespoon mustard, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon coarse salt.
- Shape into 4 firmly packed 5-inch round patties; freeze on a baking sheet until firm, about 30 minutes, then wrap each burger in plastic; place all burgers in a resealable freezer bag, label, and date.
- Freeze up to 2 months.
- TO COOK:.
- Thaw burgers overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat broiler rack set 4 inches from heat.
- Place burgers on a rimmed baking sheet; broil until firm and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Lightly toast 4 slices bread. (optional).
- Dividing evenly, top each with lettuce, burger, and tomato.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon each chutney and mustard, and serve alongside burgers.