Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Perricone Promise diet book.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely ground oatmeal (put in a blender and pulse until the oatmeal is the consistency of bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all the ingredients well. Form into 1-inch thick patties and place in a lightly oiled skillet. Cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Flip the burgers carefully and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees and the meat is no longer pink. Serve the burgers hot.
- If you’re making a loaf, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Form the mixture into a loaf and pack into a lightly oiled 8 x 4-inch baking pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until the loaf begins to pull away from the pan.