Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I started making these when my husband was on strike from the steel mill and ground turkey was inexpensive. My kids loved them and still do. Got the recipe from Better Homes & Gardens All-Time Favorite Ground Meat Recipes.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup Stove Top stuffing mix, crushed
- In bowl combine egg 1/4 cup water; stir in 1/2 cup stuffing mix, dried onion, and bouillon. Let stand for five minutes.
- Add turkey and mix well; shape into 1/2 inch patties.
- Coat with crushed stuffing mix.
- Cook patties in skillet coated with oil about 10 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked.
- We serve with turkey gravy and french fries.
Well, I just have to agree & back up every reviewer so far!! This recipe really did make the best turkey burger I have ever had! Deliciously tasty, juicy, & crispy! It went perfect on a toasted english muffin. I used 1 tablespoon of fresh minced onion instead of the 1 teaspoon dried, but I otherwise followed the ingredient list exactly. FYI, I used the Traditional Sage flavored Stove Top stuffing mix. I have added this recipe to my Zaar *6* Stars cookbook! Plus, it is very simple and budget friendly. What more could ask for?! :D Thanks for posting this Keeper!!
I gotta agree with both Brenda and Cheff#881247. These burgers were amazing and so very flavorable. I also used a fresh onion that I chopped finely and added a dash of worceshire sauce. I let marinade in ref. for about a hour until I was ready to make dinner. This recipe is a "KEEPER" Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.
I completely agree with Brenda. The BEST turkey burger I've ever made. I added about a tablespoon of minced fresh basil with the egg mixture, substituted about 2 Tbs of fresh onion chopped fine, baked them on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam at 350 for about 10 minutes each side, and topped with a slice of provolone, avacado and tomato. It was delicious! Thanks memaw #2. This is definitely a keeper!