Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Thick juicy burger.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties in skillet over medium heat Turn patties over; grill 2 minutes. Divide cheese evenly over patties; heat an additional 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place 1 patty in hamburger bun; top each with 1 tablespoon ketchup and torn boston lettuce leaf.