Recipe by Panhandle Sam
My husband and I have been trying to stay away from red meat lately so I have been dabbling a little in substitutes. So, I thought I would give turkey burgers a try. Here is what I came up with. Hubby liked them the first time, so I tried again later when his sister and niece came for dinner. Well, SIL liked them just fine and t her little 2 year old ate her whole burger up quick.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons water
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients (Note: Adding water helps keep the burgers juicy as turkey tends to be dryer than beef).
- Spray a large skillet and heat to medium-hi.
- Separate meat in 4 and form into patties.
- Cook in skillet about 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until juices run clean.
- If adding cheese, turn heat to low, top with cheese, and allow to melt for a minute or two.
- Serve on buns and with preferred toppings.