Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Turkey Burgers are to die for :) Great for that Summer BBQ Party. I got this one from TV
Make and share this Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (15ml)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated (10ml)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (15ml)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon allspice (2ml)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander (2ml)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (60ml)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds (75ml) (optional)
- Preheat grill to 375°F/190°C or medium high heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- With cold-water dampened hands, shape into a 4, ¾ -inch thick patties.
- Place on tray.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Lightly oil the grate and grill each burger for 6 minutes per side, or until entirely cooked through.
- Serve as a sandwich in a pita or a hamburger bun garnished with your favorite toppings such as tomato, onion, lettuce etc.
- Yield: 6 burgers.
For the most part great, but a little unusual. My boyfriend thought they were amazing. Def. a seasonal turkey burger. Best for the holidays. I'm not quite sure what ingredient was on over-kill, but next time I'll go easier on the ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.
I'm sorry, but I thought these were not good at all! My husband and I both thought there was WAY too much cinnamon in them. A TABLESPOON of cinnamon is a LOT. My daughter would not eat them, and we could barely choke ours down. For as many ingredients as the burgers had, they were tasteless except for the overwhelming cinnamon. There are a lot of turkey burger recipes out there, so we won't be using this recipe again.
I loved these!! My husband liked them too but, my 6 year old daughter would not even try them! I did cut all the spices in half for her but she said the smell of Cinnamon was bad! I will make these again but be sure to have regular ones for the child!