Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I don't eat beef and haven't since 1990, I feel I have spent a lot of time finding out what makes a great TURKEY burger. I made this one recently and I loved it.
- 1 onion, sliced thinly in to rings (medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced (medium)
- 3 -4 pieces garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Sriracha is what I use)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon (fresh is best)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 whole wheat rolls (pick something to your own taste) or 6 brown rolls (pick something to your own taste)
- tomatoes (optional)
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Sauté onion rings in olive oil until soft and slightly brown (15-20 minute over medium heat) stirring occasionally.
- combine turkey, 1/3 of the garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, diced onion, bread crumbs, hot sauce, salt, pepper and fresh tarragon in a bowl and mix well. Form 6 patties with the mixture making sure to make them rather flat (not like balls but like hamburger patties).
- Cook the patties for 7 minute per side. over medium heat (this is an estimate of time it depends on how thick you make them).
- Preheat broiler if you have one otherwise use the oven or a toaster oven.
- In a ceramic container (I use a mug so I can hold it by the handle) put remaining garlic and butter. Microwave until butter is melted. (depending on the microwave about a minute). Remove it from the microwave and stir.
- Spoon garlic and butter mixture over both sides of the rolls. Make sure to spread around the pieces of garlic.
- Place the rolls (open) under the broiler to toast (1-2 minutes). If you are using a regular oven or a toaster oven it may take longer.
- Place cheese on burger for 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Now build your burger, the cheddar, tomato and coleslaw are optional, but I think that they make the burger extra yummy.