Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Lean, mean burger that partners well with a wheat bun and baked fries.
Make and share this Turkey Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- Mix all together. Squish down a little in the bowl that you mixed it in and draw two lines intersecting. These are your 4 burgers.
- Pull out each pie shaped wedge and make little balls. Squish down a little to make a patty.
- Grill on preheated grill on the top rack with the lid closed for 6 minutes. Flip once and grill the same way for another 6 minutes.
- Check with thermometer. Don't squish with spatula or you lose juices. It's a very squishy burger and doesn't like to be flipped a lot either.
- I sprayed the burgers to help make sure they don't stick, but not 100% sure that's necessary.
I have had turkey burgers that are dry, tasteless and thus have never been a big fan. These have just enough flavor and added moisture to make them really delicious. I served it with mixed greens on top. onion, tomato and spicy brown mustard. YUM.
I will likely use this a lot and add additional spices as I see fit!
I enjoyed this recipe. It's easy to make and uses ingredients you probably have on hand. Taste is good, nothing spicy but still rather nice.
Great, easy recipe. thank you. I think this would be a fun one to play with add ins as well. I added in some hickory smoke flavoring. yum.