Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
makes the best tasting turkey, oh yea!
Make and share this turkey brine recipe from Food.com.
- 10 -12 lbs turkey
- 1 gallon stock or 1 gallon water (or half/half)
- 1 large lemon
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 8 ths
- 1 large orange, cut into 8 ths
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 gallon ice water
- 1 cup salt
- bring all ingrediants to a boil except the ice water cool and place turkey in water pour ice water over turkey and allow to sit overnight.
- remove turkey from water and roast as normal.
Did you forget to list salt? It is not really a "brine" unless there is salt. Brine recipes usually call for anything from 1/4 to a full cup of salt depending on how much liquid is called for.
I brined my turkey last year with another recipe and it added much more flavor. I found this to be too mild.
This was GREAT! Turkey is not one of my favorite meals, but done this way. Wow! (even without the salt.)