Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great marinating process that tenderizes the meat of the turkey. It creates a moist, juicy and well-seasoned turkey. No need to cook the brine.
- Cover a large pot or bucket with a plastic bag and add water, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and bay leaves sage and thyme.
- Stir mixture completely to dissolve salt.
- Place fresh turkey in pot and completely submerge it. Wrap plastic bag around the top of turkey.
- Place in the fridge or a cool area such as your cellar or garage.
- The brining process takes approximately 10-12 hours and is best done the night before the turkey is roasted.
This is the brine I've been looking for!! I misplaced the copy of the brine recipe that we have used for years. My husband and I will only cook a turkey this way. I add 1 cut lemon and a few smashed garlic cloves to it too. THANK YOU!!!!