Prep 10 mins
Cook 168 hrs
A great turkey recipe using the slow cooker.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless turkey breast, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Place the turkey, skin side up, in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Pour wine over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually add cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey.
Wonderful flavor. I used chicken breasts instead, and they were so tender. We just kept sayng, "Mmmm." :) Thank you!