Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- 1⁄2 of a whole turkey breast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 ounces orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Remove skin and bones from turkey and cut meat into thin slices.
- Place on a board and cover with plastic wrap; pound with a meat mallet to flatten.
- Coat each slice in flour, then dip in beaten egg, then coat well with bread crumbs.
- Cook turkey for 3 to 4 minutes on each side in 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, cooking in 2 batches if necessary to not crowd skillet.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to same skillet and cook until it just begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and add capers and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper then stir in parsley.
- Saute orzo in remaining tablespoon butter.
- Serve turkey slices over orzo and drizzle with lemon butter.