Recipe by Trinkets
Fragrant and lean sausage to go with fresh farm eggs for breakfast! It doesn't get any better than this.*Please take note, this is a lean sausage. Don't overcook.
Top Review by QueenBee49444
I made this & froze some of the patties to eat later. I added a little maple syrup as you suggested, tested one today, delicious. Super easy to prepare. Thanks for posting another terrific recipe. Made for PAC, spring 2008
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons salt, coarse
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped
- 3 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except oil, and mix well.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet. (We use olive oil).
- Test a little by forming a little patty and frying it up until cooked through.
- At this point you can adjust your seasonings by adding salt or pepper, hot pepper flakes, maple syrup -- accordingly.