Recipe by Dancer^
A great way to use ground turkey. Points...4.
Top Review by grishamk
YUM! My picky 9 year old ate 3 servings and would have eaten more if there was any left. I added extra 2 tsp of organic chicken boullion and 2 tbsp organic taco seasoning. Deleted the green peppers and did not remove meat when I put the pasta in (but I did put a lid on). WONDERFUL! Thanks!!
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in oil.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat; stir in tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt if desired and turkey mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.