Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use ground turkey. Points...4.
Make and share this Turkey Bow-Tie Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in oil.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Add pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat; stir in tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt if desired and turkey mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
YUM! My picky 9 year old ate 3 servings and would have eaten more if there was any left. I added extra 2 tsp of organic chicken boullion and 2 tbsp organic taco seasoning. Deleted the green peppers and did not remove meat when I put the pasta in (but I did put a lid on). WONDERFUL! Thanks!!
The 5 stars is from my husband. His reaction was great. I doubled the recipe, left out the celery and green pepper, used splenda for the sugar and didn't add the parsley or garlic salt (used a heaping tbsp of minced garlic at the begining and added table salt). I also might have added a bit more vinegar since I put 2 serving Tbsp in rather than the 2 regular Tbsp (remember, I doubled). I also didn't add my pasta by the cup, just used a bag of whole wheat wide egg noodles. I also didn't follow the directions exactly. I browned the turkey with the onion and added everything except the pasta and the cheese. I added the pasta after it came to a boil and after it cooked I added the cheese and stirred it in. DH LOVED this and I will be making this again. Its also Weight Watcher Core friendly which makes me happy. Thanks for posting.
Great recipe! I made a few changes to suit my family. I started the ground turkey then added onions, green, red, and orange pepper. I was in a hurry so in another pot I starred to boil the chicken broth that I cut with water. When pasta was done I just ladled in the pasta and the amount of liquid that I wanted. And when I served it I added taco cheese on top! So good!