Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian -> Episode: Thanksgiving Leftovers
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 453.59 g shredded cooked turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 709.77 ml marinara sauce
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil leaf
- fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garli and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the carrot and celery and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and saute 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce. Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 15 minute to allow the flavors to blend, stirring often. Stir in the basil. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. (The sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Cool the sauce completely, the transfer it to a container and freeze for future use. Bring the sauce to a simmer before using.).
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten as needed. Serve with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.