Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not your typical bolognese sauce! It makes 1 quart and the turkey can easily be replaced by ground beef. Stacey
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped yellow onion
- 453.59 g fresh ground turkey
- 14.79 ml fennel seed
- 59.14 ml milk
- 946.0 ml plum tomato with liquid, crushed
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 9.85 ml dried oregano, crumbled
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- In a 4 quart saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- add ground turkey cook until turkey is cooked through, 4 minutes.
- add the fennel seed and milk.
- cook for another 3 minutes.
- add tomatoes, parsley, oregano and chicken broth.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- bring sauce to a boil.
- reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce uncovered, stirring occasionally for 35 to 40 minutes.
Unique and tasty recipe! The fennel seeds really complement the turkey. We also liked that it wasn't too tomatoey (no tomato sauce or paste)and the canned tomatoes gave it just the right amount of tomato flavor/texture. I used dried parsley.