Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made this out of boredom with leftovers! I used leftover turkey pieces from a roast turkey, but you can substitute cold cut turkey breast too. THe substitutions are endless- you can use regular bacon instead of turkey bacon, etc. The garlic pepper I used is already mixed- it should be in the spice section of the supermarket ( I swear by it). I didn't actually measure the pepper when I put it on, I just estimated 1/2 tsp because I had to put a quantity in the ingredients. Same with the sour cream. I had a COMBINED 1/2 cup shredded lettuce and onions, I had to quantify them separately because of this formatting. Enjoy!
- 1 josephs oat and wheat pitas, cut in half (or any pita)
- 1 cup sliced turkey breast (or as much desired)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced tomato
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (uncooked)
- Heat skillet with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, turkey, and garlic pepper to skillet, let sit until mushrooms shrink and turkey begins to brown.
- Slice pita in half and toast both halves.
- Spread sour cream inside pita, and line with tomatoes and half of the lettuce leaf.
- Cook 2 slices of turkey bacon for about 1:30 in the microwave.
- Add turkey bacon, turkey, and mushrooms to the pita.
- Top with remaining sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce/onion mixture.