1/2 Photos of Turkey Black Bean Chili
A chef made this at a cooking class in the upstairs room at the supermarket in town. When I looked over the recipe, I thought "I'm not going to like this". When I watched the prep & the end result, I thought "I'm not going to like this". She served it over a combination of white & brown rice with a side salad. Was I ever wrong. I liked it very much & I will be making it for my DH very soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat; add turkey, onion& garlic and cook, stirring to break up the lumps, for about 5- 7 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- 2Add seasonings, stir& cook for another 2 minutes.
- 3Drain off any excess fat.
- 4Add chilies, tomatoes & beans and combine thoroughly.
- 5Heat to boiling, stirring often.
- 6Reduce heat to low & simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- 7Stir in lime juice & remove from heat.
- 8Serve topped with green onions & cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 510.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 27.7 g