Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A departure from typical leftover turkey dishes, this high-fiber burrito bake gives us our Tex-Mex fix without too much fat. You can also use a 10-tortilla package and reduce turkey by 1/2 cup to make 5 servings. I created this version as part of a high-fiber regimen to lower cholesterol.
- Combine turkey, onion, garlic, beans, salsa, hot sauce and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of the shredded cheese.
- Mix well.
- Scoop 0.083 of the mixture into each of the tortillas, roll and place in a 10X13 baking dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over 12 burritos, cover with foil, and place in a preheated 350°oven.
- Bake for one hour.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a 4 cup measuring pitcher and heat in the microwave oven for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour over cooked burritos and serve.