Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A departure from typical leftover turkey dishes, this high-fiber burrito bake gives us our Tex-Mex fix without too much fat. You can also use a 10-tortilla package and reduce turkey by 1/2 cup to make 5 servings. I created this version as part of a high-fiber regimen to lower cholesterol.
- Combine turkey, onion, garlic, beans, salsa, hot sauce and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of the shredded cheese.
- Mix well.
- Scoop 0.083 of the mixture into each of the tortillas, roll and place in a 10X13 baking dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over 12 burritos, cover with foil, and place in a preheated 350°oven.
- Bake for one hour.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a 4 cup measuring pitcher and heat in the microwave oven for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour over cooked burritos and serve.
Was a great way to use up the leftover turkey from thanksgiving! Very tasty, I used peach salsa, Franks hot sauce, a little Johnny's seasoning salt, threw in some diced jalapenos to give it a extra kick, and doubled the garlic because my family are garlic fiends and it came out perfect!
This is a wonderful recipe. We used it for our Once A Month Cooking group, and everyone raved about it. We made the filling, and froze it separately from the tortillas. Then, when prepared at home, we gave instruction on warming it in the crock pot. It worked great.