Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
From TOH's Casserole Cookbook. Very yummy and just in time for Thanksgiving leftovers. This is also very good as a leftover the next day. Instead of peas and carrots you could put in any leftover veggies. Instead of refrigerated biscuits I have also used a 7.5 oz pouch of biscuit mix (Bisquik brand) and 1/2 cup of water to make drop biscuits and baked for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup whole baby carrots, cooked
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through.
- Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.