Recipe by wife2abadge
This is hearty, healthy, and delicious. Each serving has 301 calories, 8 g fat, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, and 19 g protein
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 7 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, beans, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine 4 1/2 teaspoons of flour with soup and stir into vegetable mixture.
- Add the turkey, parsley, basil, thyme and pepper and transfer to a 2-qt baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and oregano.
- Cut in butter until evenly distributed.
- Stir in milk.
- Drop batter in six mounds onto hot turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the biscuits comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown.