Recipe by Barb G.
A delicious Kebab made from Turkey and Beef, You can also use Chicken-Lamb your choice. These blended ground meats, seasoned and mixed with bread crumbs to retain juiciness, stand well on their own. But they are equally agreeable when brushed with easy sauces made of tomato, fruit, or herbs. The recipe comes from Sunset.com
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Not as flavourful as most kebabs I've tried (many!) and too dry. I would also add some minced garlic to the meat mixture and a tablespoonful of natural yoghurt (or olive oil) for added moisture as the meats are so lean. A base recipe that you can play off of.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, about
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix turkey, beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg yolk, salt, and pepper.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Pat each portion around a metal skewer (flat ones are easiest to handle) to form a log 1-inch thick and 7 to 8 inches long.
- Lay skewers on lightly oiled barbecue gril over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); Close lid on gas grill.
- Rotating skewers to brown meat evenly, cook until kebabs are no longer pink in center (cut to test),7 to 8 minutes, If desired, about 1 minute before meat is done, brush lightly with sauce of your choice.