1/3 Photos of Turkey Barley Chunky Soup
11 hrs 30 mins
There are a bazillion turkey soup recipes on here but not this one. I like a really chunky soup so you may wish to alter the amount of barley you use. We use alot. Great for OAMC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place turkey carcass in a large soup pan and completely cover with water.
- 2Simmer 6 hours or more until the meat completely falls off of the bones, replenishing water as it evaporates.
- 3Add celery and cook 2 hours more.
- 4allow soup to cool.
- 5Strain soup and remove bones and grissle.
- 6Add xtra turkey if desired into pot. Add enough water to fill pot up to where it was when the bones were still in it.
- 7Reheat soup and add carrot and spices and simmer for an hour. Add bouillon to taste if you feel the broth needs it.
- 8Add barley and cook for about an hour or so.
- 9Serve hot with parmesan cheese if desired.
- 10You can freeze leftovers and reheat.
- 11Great for OAMC.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Barley Chunky Soup
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: