Recipe by Captain_67
Everything that you love about Thanksgiving dinner in a very comforting meal. Best with leftover roasted turkey but you can use ground turkey. Take the turkey up to 16oz if you use ground turkey to allow for shrinkage & brown the ground turkey before adding to the mix.
- 12 ounces roast turkey
- 6 slices white bread
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 ounces diced onions
- 3 ounces grated carrots
- 3 ounces diced celery
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweat vegetables down with salt then set aside to cool.
- Cut sliced bread into half inch by half inch squares & chop turkey into similar sized chunks.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well & form into 12 equal balls about the size of an ice cream scoop (a little smaller than a tennis ball).
- Bake at 350f for about 30 to 40 minutes for internal temp of 160°F.
- Serve 3 on a bed of your favorite style of mashed potato's & dress with gravy.
- I also like to add a touch of chicken seasoning & sage to my gravy.
- Recipe will absolutely stuff 4 adults or leave 6 adults with a little room for desert.