Recipe by emtpixie
This is the result of no time to go to the grocery store and only enough time to throw something in the crock pot for dinner!
- 1 lb 97% fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 -2 large onion, any variety
- 5 -7 celery ribs
- 1 lb baby carrots or 1 lb adult carrot
- 1 cup of dry wild rice or 1 cup any rice
- 3 quarts of organic chicken broth (I use Swanson)
- 2 turkey bouillon cubes or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Reynolds slow cooker liner in crock pot.
- Wash carrots and celery.
- Cut baby carrots in half width-wise or chop "adult" carrots into crock pot.
- Remove ends of celery ribs along with any tough strings and cut in bite sizes into crock pot.
- Remove ends and skin from onions and coarsely chop them into crock pot.
- Shape turkey breast into mini meatballs 1/2-1 inch each and put on top of vegetables in crock pot.
- Add sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Pour 1 1/2 quarts of the chicken broth over crock pot contents and cook on HIGH 6 hours.
- After 6 hours lift lid, stir soup, separate turkey balls as needed.
- Remove about 1 cup of the broth in the crock pot and dissolve bouillon cubes in it. Microwave broth to speed dissolution if necessary.
- Meanwhile add wild rice to crock pot and stir.
- Add in the remaining chicken broth and the dissolved bouillon mixture. Stir well.
- Cook on LOW 2-3 more hours, depending on how tender you want the rice. Enjoy!