Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an elegant and delicious main course that is good for a special occasion. It was developed by Christian Sieck, Chef de Cuisine, Enotria Café and Wine Bar, Sacramento, California and published on the National Turkey Federation website. The cinnamon sticks add unexpected flavor to the turkey medallions.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup Applejack
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless turkey breast halves (tenderloins)
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Blend all marinade ingredients (paprika, apple cider, applejack, cinnamon, shallots, garlic and salt and pepper) together in a shallow glass container. Reserve 1 cup marinade to use with sauce. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Cut tenderloin, across the grain, into 12 2-ounce medallions. Flatten slightly.
- Wrap each slice of bacon around a medallion. Secure with wooden toothpick.
- Place wrapped medallions in marinade, cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick vegetable spray. Prepare grill for direct cooking method.
- Remove turkey medallions from marinade and discard marinade.
- Place medallions on preheated grill rack, about 4 inches from the high heat. Grill about 4 to 5 minutes, brush with marinade and turn once. Continue to grill another 4 to 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Mix butter with reserved 1 cup marinade.
- Over medium heat, cook to reduce to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion two medallions on each warmed dinner plate. Ladle bourbon sauce across top of medallions.