Recipe by Sassy Cat
Great pasta salad, you can substitute your favorite pasta dressing instead of the Lemon Basil. My adaptation of a recipe from Betty Crocker.
Top Review by McEvil's Wife
Dressing is soooo good fresh and zesty my family loved this we didnt have turkey bacon so I used the applewood smoked that we had on hand and wow was it good every one wanted 2nds even my four year old daughter we will make again very soon thanks sassy cat for posting this fast easy recipe
Lemon Basil Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, fresh, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 ounces pasta shells, small
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups turkey, smoked cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheese, shredded, your favorite kind
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (1 Cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package; omitting salt.
- Rinse pasta in cold water; drain.
- Mix together mayonnaise, basil, lemon peel and lemon juice in a large bowl to form dressing.
- Add pasta, bacon (reserving 2 Tbl for topping), turkey, lettuce, cheese and tomato to dressing.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to blend flavors.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon.