Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Great sandwich for lunch or dinner. You can substitute any cheese or any type of deli turkey.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli smoked turkey breast
- 8 slices tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 leaves lettuce leaves
- Heat broiler.
- Combine mayonnaise and adobo sauce in small bowl. Evenly spread on 1 side of each toast slice.
- To assemble sandwiches, layer 4 slices toast, spread-side up, divide the turkey between the 4 slices toast and top with 2 slices tomato each; sprinkle with black pepper. Top each with 2 slices bacon and 2 slices cheese.
- Place sandwiches onto ungreased baking sheet. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).
- Top sandwiches with lettuce leaves and remaining toast slices, spread-side down.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve.
I was looking for the recipee closest to the turkey melt at friendlys, this one is great easy and delicious!