Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I just love the taste of turkey bacon. I also love the fact that it's so much lower in fat then regular bacon. This sandwich is really delicious. It has a lot of layers of texture and flavors which make it quite appealing. I always buy Vegenaise because the flavor of this mayo is unlike anything else. I highly recommend this for your sandwiches. Later in the year I can use cucumber and tomato from my garden, but for now I'm able to use the spinach that over wintered.
- 2 slices bread (sprouted barley is really good with this)
- 4 slices English cucumbers (medium slice)
- 3 slices bacon (turkey bacon)
- 3 medium spinach, leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes (I used the vine tomato thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used vegenaise)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Toast the bread.
- Cook the turkey bacon. I microwaved mine on high for 2 minutes.
- Clean and dry the spinach leaves.
- Slice the cucumber and tomato.
- Spread one tablespoon of the mayo on each piece of toast. You can use more if you want more.
- Put the cucumber, tomato, bacon and spinach on the toast.
- Sprinkle with the fresh ground pepper.
- Top with the other piece of toast.
- Cut in half if you wish. Eat.
- Bon Appetit!