Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use Turkey meat and bacon instead of cheese for a more figure friendly version of this diner classic.
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 sandwich size English muffins
- Sauté turkey bacon in pan until crisp, leave drippings in pan and remove bacon an set aside.
- Mix next seven ingredients until combined.
- Form eight patties and sauté in pan with bacon drips until completely cooked through - about 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese until melted.
- Serve on toasted English muffin rolls and finish with reserved bacon.