Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love havarti (and bacon and turkey!) and this is an excellent sandwich. If you can't find havarti, muenster can be substituted. I also use the precooked bacon, heated up in the microwave according to package directions. The sandwich can be made ahead. Chilling time is not included in the prep or cook time. The recipe is adapted from a magazine.
- 1 (7 inch) round sourdough loaf
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (use a good quality brand)
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 6 slices havarti cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- dill pickle spear
- Cut top 2 inches off sourdough loaf, reserving top; hollow out loaf, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell. Reserve soft center of bread loaf for other uses or discard.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons vinaigrette evenly in bottom bread shell; layer with half of turkey, peppers, and cheese. Repeat layers, and top with bacon. Drizzle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons vinaigrette, and cover with reserved bread top; press down firmly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours before serving. Cut into 4 wedges. Garnish, if desired.
Yum! This was easy and really good. I couldn't find a round loaf so used an oval one. I made 2 layers of the turkey, peppers, and cheese. Wish I had used more turkey, lol, but it seemed like enough when I was building the sandwich. There is a lot of bread in this sandwich, so next time will add more of all ingredients. Thanks Lvs2Cook for sharing. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.