These make a great lunch. If you would like to make ahead, bake these sandwiches and then cool and wrap well. Place in an insulated lunch bag for a special lunch treat. You could also substitute slices of cooked ham instead of turkey. Recipe is adapted from Pillsbury.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll dough on work surface; separate into triangles.
- Spread each triangle with 1 t mayonnaise.
- Top each with turkey, cheese and bacon, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Roll up loosely as directed on can.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve into crescent shapes.
- Bake 21-23 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
A single serving of this in a croissant made for a delicious leisurely Saturday breakfast. My only additions were some caramelised onion and garlic (which I'd transferred from the freezer to the fridge last night), some grindings of black pepper and a small sprinkling of oregano. My sandwich was warmed through and the cheese had nicely melted in about 15 minutes. Wonderful! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
What a quick & tasty recipe. I made them as directed except used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. This is the perfect recipe for when I'm low on time & low on groceries. I usually have a tube of crescent rolls, some kind of sandwich meat, mayo, and cheese in the fridge. I only had to cook mine for about 15-17 minutes or so...I think 20 some minutes would made them too overdone. Thanks for posting this great recipe! Made for PRMR Tag.