Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for some new ideas for my kids lunchboxes and ran across these.... They were a winner.... My kids love avocado and they made this wrap number one on their request list for lunches.....
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons chipotle salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 12 ounces sliced oven-roasted turkey breast (from deli)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 cups mesclun or 1 sprig cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated jicama
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing with the salsa and orange zest.
- Lay the tortillas on a cutting board, and spread the ranch mixture evenly over each one, leaving about a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Layer the turkey, avocado, lettuce, jicama, tomato, and scallions evenly over each tortilla, still leaving a border.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roll up like a pinwheel. Halve, and serve.
This was a nice change from our ordinary turkey sandwiches. I like the combination of the ranch dressing and salsa. I chopped up some cilantro and also used some shredded lettuce instead of the mesclun. We will definitely make this again. Thanks gert!
I had everything (except jicima which I have never seen available in these parts) on hand to make this for todays lunch. Total yumm factor going on here. I did have to question the "2 cups mesclun or 1 sprig cilantro" as there's a big amount difference between 2 cups and a sprig, lol. I used baby spring mix greens in this and whole wheat tortillas. One of these wraps is very filling and I'd make one to split with DH next time. Thanks Gert for a quick easy lunch. :D
We really enjoyed these simple wraps. Thanks for sharing!