Recipe by kellymbrown
My DH's favorite sandwich on the planet. I am vegetarian, so I omit the turkey from mine and just use more avocado.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is so good! I used honey roasted turkey, alfalfa sprouts and dried rosemary. The fresh basil was a great addition, and in my opinion everything is better with avocado! Made for Fall 2012 PAC.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices lean turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup radish sprouts or 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise (Ojai Cook's Lemonaise Light is fabulous!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mash avocado, garlic powder and rosemary together with a fork, leaving the mixture slightly chunky but thoroughly mixed.
- Spread avocado mixture on one slice of bread, and mayo on the other.
- Sprinkle basil leaves over the mayo.
- Add turkey and sprouts.
- Repeat for the second sandwich.