Recipe by Cynna
This recipe makes a great lunch! Comes together very quickly and is chock full of flavor.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 ounces turkey, thin slices
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (1/4-inch-thick)
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, slices
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a bowl, and stir with a whisk.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pesto mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice.
- Layer each slice with 8 asparagus spears, 1 turkey slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1 cheese slice.
- Place on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with pepper.