Recipe by Nyteglori
For a low-fat appetizer or snack, try this festive turkey dish. Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.
Top Review by Kristiina
We loved this!! The flavors together were so amazing, I will definetly make this again!! I have to be honest though, I really didn't know how it was supposed to be served, so I decided to put it into a wrap because that's the only way I have ever had tapas. I wrapped mine in a leaf of romaine lettuce and left it cold and it was great. My husband wraped his in a wrap and sprinkled some cheese on it and heated it up. Thank you for posting this recipe Nyteglori!
- 1 lb turkey tenderloins, cut into 3/4-inch medallions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved, juice reserved
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, sauté turkey in oil 4 minutes per side or until turkey is golden brown, no longer pink in center, and meat thermometer, inserted in thickest portion of tenderloin reaches 170 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine artichoke juice, vinegar, oregano, pepper flakes and garlic. Fold turkey and artichokes into mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, fold in tomatoes.