Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a nice combination and quick and easy & satisfying. Make-ahead tip: Prepare vegetables; cover & chill up to 4 hours. Source Better Homes & Gardens.
- 12 ounces turkey, cut in bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh pea pods (thawed) or 2 cups frozen pea pods (thawed)
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄2 small green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous or 2 cups cooked rice
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together nectar, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, and ground red pepper; stir in apricots & set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into wok or large skillet. Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over med-high heat. Stir-fry onion in hot oil for 1 minute. Add fresh pea pods (if using) and sweet pepper; stir-fry 1-2 minutes more or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add turkey to the hot wok. Stir-fry fro 2-3 minutes or until no pink remains. Push turkey from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce & add to the center of wok. Cook & stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir in frozen pea pods (if using). Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir 1 more minute or until heated through.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked couscous or fluffy white rice.