Recipe by Neta
from Good Housekeeping
Top Review by tmbillustration
Fantastic, I love this recipe...I actually had it saved somewhere (hard copy) and lost it. Thank god someone posted it. Can use a jar of gravy or make your own with frozen turkey or chicken drippings. The entire family loves it and it's so easy and fast to make! Thanks for posting it!
- 8 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a 15-1/2" x 10-1/2" jelly-roll pan with foil; grease foil.
- Heat 4-quart saucepan of water to boiling over high heat.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, cornflake crumbs, applesauce, salt, and thyme just until blended. With hands, shape turkey mixture by 1/4 cups into twelve 2-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs, 1 inch apart, in prepared jelly-roll pan. Roast meatballs 15 minutes or just until they lose their pink color throughout.
- Meanwhile, add noodles to boiling water and cook as label directs.
- Drain noodles; set aside. In same saucepan, combine cranberries, water and sugar. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in Dijon mustard.
- To serve, divide egg noodles among 4 dinner plates; top with meatballs and cranberry mixture.