Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
We always have a lot of turkey left-over from Thanksgiving. This salad is a good way to use some of it up. Chill time is 2 hours.
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 3⁄4 cup chopped unpeeled apple
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing and brown sugar; pour over the turkey mixture and gently toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce or cabbage or use to make sandwiches.