Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious low carb, high protein patties made using ground turkey and apples.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 egg whites
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Peel, core and cut the apples into a small dice.
- Finely mince the onion.
- Cook onion and apple in olive oil until onion is softened.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool.
- In a seperate bowl, combine ground turkey, egg whites, sage, thyme, cinnamon and salt.
- Once the apple and onion mixture has cooled, add to other ingredients and combine with spoon or hands.
- Form into 6-8 patties and place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- *Or as patties will be quite moist, place into muffin tins with nonstick spray, filled about 2/3 full.
- Cook in a preheated 450F oven for 10-12 minutes turning once halfway through.