Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
YUM! And 99% fat free, according to Rachel Ray. I saw this on her show the other day and was so inspired I went out and bought ground turkey breast. It sounds weird to include apples but it makes these REALLY incredible!!! (Try the cranberry mayo idea too--see the recipe instructions!)
- 1 (1 1/3 lb) package ground turkey
- 1 small mcintosh apple, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, from heart, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Combine turkey, apple, onion, celery, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl and form into 4 large patties.
- Preheat a large skillet or a grill pan to medium high heat.
- Drizzle skillet or brush grill with vegetable oil and cook patties 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with FF mayo mixed with cranberry sauce for a gourmet touch, on toasted sourdough english muffins!
Wow, these were great!! I used only half the onion and apple and didn't tell my family it was ground turkey with apples. Even my picky children liked them. Oiling the pan is not necessary as the meat had enough moisture for the cooking process. This recipe is going into my family recipe box. Thanks for the great and different idea!!!
Easy to make. I grated the apple in my salad shooter. I added 3 cloves of minced garlic and cooked the onion, garlic, and celery in a little water until wilted. Everyone in my family raved about these.
These were different and very yummy! I used a Braeburn apple instead of a mac, and had to use celery salt (and omit the regular salt) instead of the chopped celery because at the last minute I realized I had used up all my celery. They turned out delicious! The apples gave them a nice texture and a unique flavor. I'll definitely be making these again. Thanks, meow!