Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These portable mini pies are a breeze to make with shredded, cooked turkey (great for leftovers), tart apples and a bite of cheddar. Perfect for a lunch pack or a healthy on–the–go option when rushing to a weeknight game.
- 473.18 ml shredded cooked turkey
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- 118.29 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 8 cm frozen tart shells, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2.46 ml coarse salt
- In bowl, combine turkey, apple, cheddar, green onion and parsley.
- Divide the mixture over four of the tart shells. Brush edges of tarts with egg and top with remaining shells. Brush with egg and sprinkle each with coarse salt. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make a few ventilation slits in the top of each pie.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) until pastry is golden and filling is hot and bubbling, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Great for Thanksgiving meal leftovers.