A great dish for leftover turkey! This makes leftover turkey as good as the first time around!! It is DH's favorite for after holiday cooking. Hoping you enjoy! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wild rice, washed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups turkey broth or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons white wine or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Cover rice with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Let soak 1 hour, then drain.
- 4Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in skillet.
- 5Add mushrooms and onion and saute over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 6In a large bowl combine rice, mushroom mixture and all remaining ingredients except butter.
- 7Turn into a buttered 2 quart casserole.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- 9Remove the cover, dot with remaining butter and bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.2
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.7 g
- Cholesterol 247.8 mg
- Sodium 1403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: