Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Another easy recipe to use up the leftover turkey!
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) baggreen giant frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth, heated
- 3 (10 ounce) containersrefrigerated reduced-fat alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water to rolling boil. Stir in wild rice; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 40 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix turkey, vegetables, cooked wild rice, uncooked brown rice, salt and thyme. Stir in heated broth an Alfredo sauce. Pour into casserole.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until hot.