Just right for those Christmas leftovers, any crumbly cheese can be used.
Make and share this Turkey and Wensleydale Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely crushed
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 pints chicken stock or 2 pints turkey stock
- 350 g cooked turkey, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 175 g wensleydale cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan, add the onion, garlic and carrot, cover and sweat for 10 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- add the turkey and cranberry sauce and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- over a low heat blend in the cheese until melted.
- mix the cornflour with the water and take a ladle full of hot soup and mix with the cornflour mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour back into rest of soup and allow to boil for few mins until slightly thickened.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
This was made with leftovers from menu #26073. I made the stock which was dark and rich. Could have used a lot of black pepper or pepper flakes. This did have slight sweetness to it. Thanks!