Recipe by Denise in NH
I clipped this recipe out of a magazine a long time ago and don't remember which magazine it was. This is a very nice dinner salad to serve when it's just too hot to cook and you want a light, delicious meal.
- 6 cups torn mixed greens (such as green or red leaf lettuce, radicchio, romaine, sorrel, arugula, or butter head lettuce)
- 2 small summer squash (1 1/2 cups) or 2 small zucchini, bias-sliced 1/4 inch thick (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips (your choice of color)
- 3⁄4 lb fully cooked smoked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the torn mixed greens in a large salad bowl; set aside.
- In a 1 1/2 quart microwave-safe casserole micro-cook the summer squash, sweet pepper, and 2 tablespoons water on 100% power(high) covered, for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in the smoked turkey, salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, herb, and sugar. Cook, covered, on high for 2 to 4 minutes or till vegetables are tender and turkey is heated through; stir once.
- Immediately pour the hot mixture over the torn mixed greens; toss about 1 minute or till the greens are slightly wilted. Serve immediately.