Recipe by wicked cook 46
From the Blue Bonnet website. Posting for safe keeping. Times are approximate and does not include dough chill time I think I might add a bit more cheese to the crust or sprinkle extra on top about 10 minutes before it finishes baking.
- 1 1⁄3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons margarine, cold divided
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; cut in 4 tablespoons margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring after each addition until mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup flour; stir until well blended and bubbly.
- Gradually add broth, stirring after each addition until well blended.
- Stir in half-and-half; cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add bouillon, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and the pepper; cook and stir an additional minute, or bouillon is completely dissolved.
- Place turkey and vegetables in 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover with prepared sauce; set aside.
- Unwrap dough; place on lightly floured surface. Roll out to 11-inch circle; place over ingredients in casserole dish. Trim dough about 1/2 inch beyond edge of casserole dish; reserve trimmings. Flute edge of crust, sealing dough to edge of dish.
- Use small cookie cutters to cut out decorative shapes from dough trimmings. Arrange on crust.
- Cut several slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 1 hour, or until golden brown.