Recipe by curlykcook
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. My ragout features ground turkey simmered in a delicious A.1. sauce, with fresh tomatoes and zucchini. It is served over warm golden polenta, and finished with creamy goat cheese. This dish is comforting and perfect for a weeknight meal!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup jarred tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 24 ounces pre-cooked polenta, tube
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion for 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ground turkey to pan. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Let cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini to the meat. Let cook for 5 minutes, or until zucchini is softened.
- Add A.1. Original Sauce, tomato sauce, lemon juice and chopped parsley. Stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Slice tube of polenta into 8 rounds of equal width.
- Place polenta slices into pan in a single layer. Let cook until golden on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Flip over with a spatula. Cook until golden on other side.
- To serve, spoon turkey and vegetable ragout over polenta. Top with crumbled goat cheese.