Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Enjoy this lighter version of a chili, made with ground turkey and extra vegetables to reduce the calorie and fat content. Freeze for 1 month.
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- tortilla chips, to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Add the turkey and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then stir in the chili powder.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and peppers. Stir well and cook for another few moments.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the red kidney beans, then pour in the broth. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes. Ladle the chili into warmed bowls and serve with tortilla chips.